Wednesday, 23 July 2014
- carry a book everywhere
- read one book at a time
- finish reading at least 75%
- don't skip ahead
- speed reading is OK
- read what you want to not what you think you should
- books and ebooks are all equal
- take a (short) break in between books
- think over what you've read
- talk about it
- well loved books look well loved
- great books deserve to be reread
- silence please
Tuesday, 22 July 2014
1. To-do Lists | the check list for success
2. Notebook Full of Notes | for every single idea ever
3. Daily Planner | knowing what needs to get done today
4. Sunrise Calendar | for keeping track of the month ahead
5. Scheduling | everything from mail outs to blog posts
6. Planning Ahead | so you're never unprepared
7. Not Multitasking | strict times for specific tasks
8. Google Keep | for notes on the go
9. Digital Folders | a maze of organisation
Monday, 21 July 2014
I just wanted to let you all know about an awesome giveaway that's happening right now: I've been working with Stylist magazine to offer you the chance to win a 12 month subscription to Oh My Clumsy Heart's Little Gems subscription service. The winner will receive a beautifully gift wrapped piece of jewellery each month, hand-selected from four different collections featuring sterling silver and 14k gold necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. The prize is worth over £300 and will make you feel like it's your birthday month every month.. so go enter it already.
Sunday, 20 July 2014
Saturday, 19 July 2014
1. Get up late(r)
2. Go for brunch
3. Divulge in skin care
4. Skip make-up
5. Do the boring stuff (tidy/clean)
6. Do the fun stuff (shop/blog)
7. Try not to think about work
8. (Do a little bit of work)
9. Go on an adventure
10. Take an improptu nap
11. Dress up for dinner & drinks
12. Spend time with friends
13. Take photographs
14. Read for several hours
15. Watch a film
16. Take a bath
17. Sleep more
Friday, 18 July 2014
When everything all runs out at the same time it's totally justifiable to stock up on old favourites and pick up a few new products in the process, right? I've returned to a few trustworthy brands whose products never fail to impress: Natio, Botanics, and Original Source. But it's always nice to shake things up a bit by introducing a couple of unfamiliar brands and new products.
I am extremely loyal to skin care products and I adore Natio so it's no surprise their product range features prominently in my skin care routine; the cleansing milk and moisturisers work so well for me they have both earned a permanent repurchase status. This time I switched from the Daily Protection Face Moisturiser SPF 15 to the Ageless Daily Moisturiser UV Protection SPF 30+ and added the Aromatherapy Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier.
I replaced my beloved Superfacialist Rose Hydrate Miracle Makeover Facial Oil (which is fantastic for precleansing) with the Boots Botanics Facial Oil, both of which work as well as each other. This muggy heat we have been suffering lately has caused a little congestion in my skin, to remedy this situation I have been trying the Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner.
I always think it's useful to have a bottle of micellar water on the bathroom shelf for those occasions when you just want to get your make-up off now; I picked up the B. Pure Micellar Water instead of the usual bottle of Bioderma.
I am unashamedly disloyal to hair products; my hair care routine involves replacing products with something new as soon as a bottle runs dry. The summer heat combined with a refusal to get my hair cut and an aversion to brushing, means it's becoming prone to dryness. Straight up macadamia oil does wonders for taming dry hair and this OGX Macadamia Oil Shampoo and Conditioner combination is perfect.
Coconut in summer is always a winner: drink it, eat, put it on your face, and cover your body in it. Total bliss.