Be Independent Guide: The Creative Mission Statement11.5.15
THE "BE INDEPENDENT" CREATIVE BUSINESS GUIDE The Creative Mission Statement Your "creative mission statement" is ...
The Creative Mission Statement
Your "creative mission statement" is all about being clear and intentional with your actions and staying focused on your goals. Developing a clear sense of your creative mission and purpose leads to living a more fulfilling creative lifestyle and knowing what you want and working out how you can get it is the first step to turning a creative idea into a business.
What is your personal purpose?
- what do you hope to achieve?
- what does success look like to you?
What are your talents, passions, and skills?
- what are you the best at?
- what are you not so good at but you enjoy?
- what do you need to learn/improve on?
- what do you really not want to do?
What is the purpose of your creative business?
- what do you want to sell?
- who do you want to sell to?
- how are you going to sell your products?
What is your creative mission?
- how do you want to change the industry?
- how are your products different to all the rest?
Can your personal and business purposes align with each other?
You need to find that sweet spot where the following things overlap: what you’re best at creating, what you’re passion about creating, and whether there are enough people willing to pay for whatever you create. Your abilities, creative purpose, work ethic, and passions all need to align with the demand for what you’re selling.
- Jocelyn K. Glei
Decide on Goals
- figure out what you really want
- be specific and realistic
Create a Plan
- decide on your goals and set a deadline
- use your plan as a long-term ‘to do list'
Keep a Record
- review your progress regularly
- celebrate your achievements!
Read more about setting goals and achieving them.